Simple Past Tense







1. Past Indefinite:
Structure:
Affirmative: 
Subject+ Past form of verb+ Object/extension
Negative:
Subject + did+ base form of verb+ Object/extension
Interrogative:
Did +Subject+ base form of verb+ Object/extension?
Negative Interrogative:
Didn’t+ Subject+ base form of verb+ Object/extension?



1
Finished events in the past with no connection to the present:

Leonardo painted the Mona Lisa.
The Pakistanis attacked Bangaldesh
2
Normally A sentence which includes the words: ago, yesterday since, last+time span or time*
*month, day, year, week, etc
I met him last month
I saw him last week
3
For stories / lists of events:

He went to a café, sat down and lit a cigarette.
Yesterday I went to the library, met a friend for lunch, and played games.
4
Details of news:

I've hurt my leg. I fell off a bus when I was going to catch the bus.
I've been on holiday. I went to Dhaka Zoo and National  Park in Mirpur
5
As part of the second conditional:

If I won the lottery, I would buy a car.
If she knew my number, she would call me
Previous
Next Post »